Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Remembering to Worship

I know what it's like to face a tough situation - one where you aren't really sure it's going to work out okay in the end. But I'm greatly comforted by Psalm 42.

This one starts out in a familiar refrain - that's because it was turned into a famous worship song:

"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts or God, for the living God."

But what you notice as you read through the Psalm is that it is written out of real pain. "Why are you cast down, O my soul," "my tears have been my food day and night."

What's cool though is that as the Psalmist remembers two things he is comforted: worship and being in God's presence.

"... at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life," "When shall I come and appear before God?"

So when you going through it, I mean REALLY going through it, remember to worship and remember that coming into God's presence is as simple as drawing near to Him. Cling to the thought that not only can He be with you in the present but that soon you can be with Him physically.

"Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God."

Pastor Tom

No comments: