Friday, August 17, 2007

Be Careful Little Eyes What You See

Remember that old Sunday School song referenced in the title of this blog entry? I do. It's a cute song but has a great point that David comes back to in Psalm 101.

(2-3) "I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless."

Two great points here: often times we as Christians are careful to reflect the character of Christ in church, perhaps even at work or in the grocery line. But something happens to us when the doors close on our home and we feel like no one but our family sees us.

Sometimes we lose that drive to be like Jesus. Sometimes we let go of acting with integrity. Don't. Some of the greatest witness you have is when you are behind closed doors. I know this is a cliche
but God really does watch us when no one else does. Wouldn't it feel that much better if we lived out our walk with Jesus as well inside as out?

Secondly, I really like this idea of not setting things in front of us that are "worthless." If you are watching something that is not going to help you grow in Christ, or perhaps is going to cause you to stumble, why do it?

I'm not into censorship or anything like that. I'm not saying don't watch TV or movies or go on the Internet. I'm just saying: be a little more careful. What you take in can affect you.

Pastor Tom

No comments: