Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Through the Flood and Fire

We all go through difficulties at times. Right now we all face a lot of uncertainty with the economy - will I have a job, will I have enough money to pay the rent or put food on the table? Every day brings with it some new crisis.

I just wanted to share some words of encouragement from the prophet Isaiah, speaking for God.

Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel your God."

Today if you feel like your life is out of control and you are swept away by circumstances beyond your ability to change, just know that if you cling to Jesus, he is clinging to you and will not allow you to go under.

Or if you are under the fires of trial and feel like life all around you is nothing but hurt and pain. If you look to Jesus, he will heal you and, like the three Hebrew men in Daniel, you may have to go through the fiery furnace, but when you come out you will not even have the smell of smoke on you.

There are a lot of other cool verses in chapters 43 and 44 - take a look, and be blessed!

Pastor Tom

1 comment:

Robert Hustwick said...

Thank you. I don't know how many others out there feel like this, but I know that I needed to hear it!