Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What Does God Want Anyway?

"With what shall I come before the Lord and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my body for the sin of my soul?

He has told you, O man, what is good and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:6-8

This is really an amazing scripture. As humans we think that the bigger our gift, the bigger our sacrifice, the more God is pleased. We feel guilty for doing and saying things we know aren't right, and we think that if God sees we are really sorry and we do "pennance" then he will be pleased.

But look at what God says He wants from us: be right on the inside (do justice), be love on the outside (love kindness) and have a right attitude towards ourselves and God (walk humbly).

If we would but follow these short principals, through the blood of Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit, how much better our lives would be.

Pastor Tom

No comments: