Friday, October 20, 2006

As If It Had Never Happened

I ran across this great little verse buried in the prophet Zechariah:

10:6 "...I will bring them back because I have compassion on them, and they shall be as though I had not rejected them."

God here is talking about bringing Judah back from captivity in Babylon, but it made me think about how God also brings us back from captivity to sin through Jesus Christ.

I think sometimes we look around after being washed in Jesus' blood and we think "I really don't belong in God's family. Maybe if I just keep my head down and don't make a lot of noise no one will notice and tell me to get out." We feel as if the sins we did taint us and even their memory is enough to make us feel unworthy to approach God.

But look at what God says - He makes it as if we had never been rejected. God remakes us through Jesus to be as if we had never sinned. As if all that happened in the Garden of Eden never took place. It's a refreshing and comforting thought to know that God looks at you in Christ as if you are perfect, because Jesus is perfect.

Pastor Tom

No comments: