Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Problem of the Familiar

I noticed this verse in Ezekiel:

3:5 "For you are not sent to a people of foreign speech and a hard language, but to the house of Israel ... Surely, If I sent you to such, they would listen to you. But the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, for they are not willing to listen to me."

Sometimes it seems that those closest to us are the hardest to reach for the gospel. I think it may be because there is so much of us that they see and hear instead of seeing and hearing God.

Often it is easier to travel thousands of miles to preach to people who don't speak our language than it is to share God's truth with our family and friends.

It was tough for Ezekiel too. I think perhaps our prayer should be "Lord, when I speak for you to those I know, don't let them think about me, but about Your truth."

Pastor Tom

No comments: