Friday, August 18, 2006

Plot Peace

Proverbs 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but those who plan peace have joy. ESV

I have a challenge for you (and for myself as well). As you go about your daily activities think about ways to encourage peace between yourself and others. Is what I'm about to say going to heal a relationship or cause division. Are my actions going to primarily serve myself at the expense of someone else, or am I benefiting another-giving them peace?

It would be wonderful if our whole world operated this way. One day it will-when Jesus Christ returns to rule. But for now wouldn't it be nice if we looked for ways, actually plotted it out, to give peace to other people; to help asuage fears, break down walls, heal hurts, and avoid pitfalls.

It may be more in your power than you know-if you just do a little planning. Who knows, it could be fun!

Pastor Tom

No comments: