Friday, February 20, 2009

It Doesn't Matter Where You Are, Only Who You Are

A lot of times we think that in order to do God's will, we must ask "where do you want me to be" and then go there. Though, of course, we always want to be where God wants us, I am starting to thing the "where" isn't as important after all.

I've been really interested in the life of Paul lately. I guess it partly stems from teaching through the book of Acts and seeing Paul struggle and realize that even the struggle was God's plan to spread the gospel.

So then along comes this little section in 2 Corinthians 2:12 - 14 "When I came to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ, even though a door was opened for me in the Lord, my spirit was not at rest because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I took leave of them and went on to Macedonia. But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere."

Paul had an opportunity "in the Lord" to minister but didn't feel right about it so he left. What he then rejoices in is that, no matter where he is, he is a representative of Jesus Christ.

Even if things don't work right or feel right where you are and you do or go somewhere else, it doesn't mean you've failed. What matters is that you "smell" like Jesus wherever you go and whatever you do.

Sometimes I think God just wants to spread the fragrance around.

Pastor Tom

1 comment:

Robert Hustwick said...

No matter where you go, where you are, or where you find yourself, there's always somebody in need of the Gospel!