Friday, February 01, 2008

They Never Gave Up

Just a short thought today. I was reading John chapter 19. It says "38 After these things Joseph of Arimathea, who was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus, and Pilate gave him permission."

I was just thinking how this man who had a lot to lose by following Jesus, comes out of the closet after Jesus' death and goes very public about his faith - going to Pilate to ask for Jesus body.

You would think that this man, who did not stand up for Jesus as a disciple when He was alive, certainly would not do so after his death. It was over. Shouldn't Joseph have just shrugged his shoulders and gone back to being just a member of the ruling council?

But he didn't. No matter what path being a disciple of Jesus led him on, Joseph followed. Let's ponder that today.

Pastor Tom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I was just browsing the internet... looking for sites to encourage me - I really wanted to give up on everything.

I came across your blog and read that short extract about Joseph of Arimathea... he really could have given up cause it was 'over'... but Jesus had instilled something in him that made him do otherwise. He trusted God.

This has encouraged me to trust God. He always works things out.