Thursday, February 01, 2007

How Long Should I Wait?

In Exodus 32 it says: "When the people saw that Moses delayed to come down from the mountain, the people gathered themselves together to Aaron and said to him, 'Up, make us gods who shall go before us.'"

Most of us know the story of what happened, they made a golden calf and worshipped it. But I want to focus on something else.

The people were waiting to hear from God. That was what Moses went up on the mountain to do - bring word back from God. The people grew impatient and when Moses "delayed" they turned to other gods.

It made me wonder about when I ask God for something. How long before I grow impatient and turn to other things besides God for my answer? Isn't it very much like what the Israelies did?

God doesn't give us what we want when we want it so we figure out a way to do it for ourselves. God doesn't give us wisdom when we want so we just use our brains only.

How long should you wait on God? Till He answers.

Pastor Tom

No comments: