Monday, June 12, 2006

Has Jesus Come Already?

I got a book in the mail the other day. I didn't order it, but obviously someone thought I should have a copy. I don't remember the title now, but I do remember the website - something like: www.hiddenadvent.org. That should have been my first clue, but I read on in the introduction anyway.

It seems there was a big news event and I missed it. In fact, so did CNN, NBC, plus every news outlet and church in the world - except this one. What was that event? Jesus has come back. That's right - you heard it here.

The writers of this book - or, as they term themselves: translastors, say that there has been another advent of Jesus Christ. They claim that God has spoken to them and they tried their hardest to translate the words they heard into human language.

The bottom line, Jesus has returned to earth again and spoken to them only and they are charged with preaching this new gospel. I didn't take the time to read any more, I had more important things to do like preach the gospel.

But I thought it odd when I read Matthew 24 today:

Matthew 24:4 "See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in My name saying "I am the Christ," and they will lead many astray ... Then if anyone says to you 'Look, here is the Christ!' or "There he is!' do not believe it ... If they say 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it ... For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

This scripture and others clearly tell us that no one, and I mean no one will miss the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. It won't be a "secret advent" - that's code for "secret heresy."

There are a lot of good books out there, but make sure all of them square with the best book of all, God's Word, the Bible.

No comments: