Friday, October 22, 2010

God is Hiding

Sometimes I wonder why the Jewish people never accepted Yeshua (Jesus) as their Messiah. I know all the arguments, they were prideful, they didn't want to give up power, they wanted a political Messiah, they misunderstood the Old Testament prophecies, etc.

In fact, though, God has hidden Himself from the Jews in a way.

Isaiah 8:16 "Bind up the testimony. Seal up the instruction among my disciples. I will wait for the Lord who is hiding His face from the house of Jacob. I will wait for Him."

Trying to understand Yeshua from a Jewish mindset is not easy. In fact, Paul (also a Jew) realized that the reading of the Torah did not actually help the Jews understand Jesus.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16 But their minds were closed. For to this day, at the reading of the old covenant, the same veil remains; it is not lifted, because it is set aside only in Christ. 15 However, to this day, whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their hearts, 16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.

I like what Isaiah wrote. He said "I will wait for the Lord." Anyone, Jew or Gentile, who really wants to know God will see God reveal Himself to them.

Jeremiah 29:12-14 "You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you."




So even if you don't understand how Jesus could be Messiah, I would encourage you to seek God and ask Him to help you understand. Wait for Him, He is waiting for you.

Pastor Tom

No comments: