Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Being Drawn

Have you ever experienced an inner longing for Jesus Christ? Set aside all the stereotypes and all the bad things people say about him. In your heart of hearts; in that quiet time when it's just you-do you feel drawn to him? There's a reason for that:

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.

God the Father wanted so much to be able to have a relationship with you and give you eternal life and joy and peace that he sent Jesus to you. Now he is wooing you to come to Jesus as the only way to have such a relationship with God. He is speaking softly into your heart telling you that what you lack he will supply.

I would encourage you to read the gospel of John chapters 6-10 to learn about this Jesus and just what he did. Jesus' voice may speak to you as well if you are listening.

John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one." NIV

Pastor Tom

No comments: